Presenting an EROSS seminar with MS Teams
Setting up MS Teams
In order to present your EROSS seminar, you will need to follow the steps below:
- Download and install the desktop version of the Microsoft Teams app for macOS or Windows. If you already have it, you can skip this step.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org informing us the email address you want to use as a MS Teams account. If you already have one (e.g. from your university), we suggest you use it.
- The hosts will add you as a guest to the “Scientific Network South Tyrol” organization on MS Teams. Wait until you receive an email with the subject “You have been added as a guest to Scientific Network South Tyrol in Microsoft Teams”.
- In this email, click on the “Open Microsoft Teams” button to launch the MS Teams desktop app. Do not select the “Use the web app instead” option.
- Login on MS Teams with the account you sent to the hosts in step 2; there may be few annoying and repeating steps to finalize your Microsoft account if it is new.
- Accept to switch to the “Scientific Network South Tyrol” organization. Don’t worry, you can switch back to your other organizations whenever you want.
- Inform the hosts that you finished setting up MS Teams, so they can send you the link for your seminar.
Congratulation! You have now successfully set up MS Teams!
To help you get acquainted with MS Teams and its Live Event feature, and to make sure everything is set up correctly for your seminar, the hosts will invite you for a rehearsal meeting.
The rehearsal should take place one or two days before your seminar, at a convenient time for those involved.
- The link for the rehearsal will be the same as the one you will use to actually present the seminar live.
- The link will lead you to the seminar’s “Join as a presenter” page; click the “Join now” button:
- To activate the question and answer (Q&A) panel, click on the button on the right with a question mark:
- To share your desktop, click on the button on the left with an arrow: